SEA CARGO MANIFEST TRANSSHIPMENT REGULATION - FOR CARGO TO INDIA
To all our Business Partners,
Please be advised that effective 1 Aug 2019 – the new India manifest regulation will come into effect. What this simply means is that we will now require all shipping instructions for cargo to, and from India should have the following information:
• HS Code (6-digit HS harmonized code)
• IEC (Importer Exporter code) of Consignee for Imports to India; or Shipper for Exports from India
• PAN (permanent account number) of the Notify party (if from India)
• Invoice value – the value of the cargo on the commercial invoice, along with the currency in three - digit code.
Please also note that there will also be a manifest deadline for Import and Export Manifests. Based on this we will require ALL Bills of Lading, and Manifests to be completed and submitted to both transshipment (if necessary) and destination offices by the following deadlines:
1. Cargo loading from Shanghai, Ningbo, South Africa and Port Louis to India: - All Manifests Must be completed and submitted 48 hours before Vessel ETA at POL
2. Cargo loading from Madagascar, Mozambique and Comoros to India – All Manifests Must be completed and submitted 48 hours before MEX vessel ETA in Jebel Ali
3. Cargo loading from Berbera – All Manifests Must be completed 24 hours before Vessel ETA in Jebel Ali
Please note all manifests that are not submitted in time or not sent to the correct parties in time, may result in containers not being loaded - or discharged in India. All risk and cost for non-compliance will be on your account.